Friday, July 29, 2011

Beach House





       About 2 years ago I found a style of photography called High Dynamic Range, HDR. I fell in love with the images and how it was the digital way of making multiple exposure images. After much research and studying I started going out and trying to create my own images. I ran into many issues but thanks to the extensive knowledge of the pioneer of HDR, Trey Ratcliff, I was able to work through many of the issues I was running into. I read his web-site, http://www.stuckincustoms.com/, many times over and even recently got to show him this blog and ask him questions about what I needed to work on. 
      The process is very simple and complex at the same time, I will give you the short less complex version but if you have questions please ask. When setting up for a picture you must have the camera on a tripod or another steady object. You will set the camera's F/stop and shutter speed for a proper exposure, but that really depends on what you are exposing for. You will then bracket 2 other photos, or 4 or even more if you have the ability to. For me I do three per my equipment. Those three photo's can be see above. Then load the pictures into a HDR program, I use Photomatix and making adjustments and you have your final image (below). Like I said before though it is a lot more complex than just that but that is the beginning.
The best part of HDR is how it is a great representation of what your eye will actually see.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this picture. Can't wait to take engagements!!!!

    ReplyDelete